Tuesday 28 March 2017

Storyboard Brief:

This cut scene will be used as an intro to the game as it links with the beginning of the game. It starts off creepy, however this creepy beginning is only a dream she is having. The next scene of her laying the forest in the day adds a sense of mystery as to why is she there? Why was she sleeping? Is she alone? Was she there on purpose or put there by someone? When she wakes up, she shrugs it off and starts heading off into the forest. However...she begins to hear the music and giggling which was in her dream and she sees an old circus tent. In a panic of the music and giggle getting louder, she runs away looking behind her. Looking behind her was a mistake as she then trips up on a tree root and knocks herself out by hitting her head on a rock. Hours later...she regains consciousness and notices she is being dragged by something/someone through the forest, it begins to snow and get darker, she then fades into an unconscious state and the scene ends. As the cut scene is quite creepy and falls under the theme of thriller/horror, the intended audience is for 16+. Below is my Padlet page that I have created. Contained on this page is a group of images which is inspiration for my game and concept art. There are few images which inspired my created concept art and scenes for the trailer. For example, the first scene (which is also the 3rd level in the game) is hall of mirrors themed, however it some of the torn curtains from the interior of the tent section is what I thought would look effective in the house of mirrors. Combining the two ideas was stimulated from the two different images on my Padlet.



https://padlet.com/wall/474zsva3c91u

Part 1+2: Pans through the maze of mirrors with some music playing and then it goes dark…. The creepy clown girl bent over backwards starts walking towards the camera, giggling and then when it pops up, the screen goes black. The lighting for this section will be, a spotlight will highlight the creepy clown girl so that it really emphasises shes there and you're not sure what else is lurking in the dark.
Part 3+4+5: It then changes scene to the girl laying down in the woods, she walks off into the trees and then hears the giggle and the music from the dream getting louder and louder. She runs off, trips and knocks herself out. The lighting for this section will be light, as if it was day time. The sun (the light source) will be shining from the left so the shadows are to the right. The reason for this so that when she is walking into the light, it creates a feeling of safety however, when she starts to run away, she is running into the shadows which completely contrasts the feeling of safety.
Part 6: The screen goes black again and then slowly fades into view, the camera angle is a first person angle of her being dragged away… the screen then fades to black again. This scene will be at night time so it matches the time of the game. 


The image above is the concept art for a level/environment which I had made in Photoshop. This level will be the first scene of the animation sequence and is the first chapter of the story board. I particularly chose the hall of mirrors to be the first scene because it would be the last place the player recognises, and because they recognise the place, they will be expecting a few surprises, possibly, as the dream doesn't show you much more of the place except for the clown with the back bent backwards. Furthermore, this may get them to act more cautious and I believe that this place is quite atmospheric, even if it does only have 1 object in.




This is some of the concept art for the one of the clown designs. What I have decided to take from this concept art is the stripes on the clown and how broken the clown actually is. However, I took a different approach to how I actually wanted the creepy clown to be like, I wanted the stance to be different altogether to make it even more creepy and I changed what the clown wore just for aesthetic reasons.

I’ve took into consideration how long each scene will take and what camera view it will be viewed in. Planning through how long each scene will be helps me define when I should switch scenes and how long I should spend on them. Furthermore, deciding on the camera views whilst drawing out the story board really helps me visualise how the scenes would turn out and helps me decide quicker on how much I scenery I really need to cover that particular scene. So for example, with the birds eye view of the forest, all of the assets that I would need for that scene are trees and grass, because, that’s all that would come into view.


The timeline in which I have created is used to keep track and a schedule of what is it supposed to be finished and when it needs to be finished by. The timeline consists of 10 milestones which is quite easy going and they are all spread out over the length of time I have until the hand in date. I used Excel to create this and I believe this is a great way for me to see clearly what milestones I need to complete by when. The reason behind why the dates are not exactly lined up with the dates is due to the fact that I would prefer to get them done a bit earlier than what they should be. For example, I've said that I want the rigging to be finished for the 11th of April. However, I technically have until the 13th of April as that is the date that is clearly displayed. Giving myself the leniency of the two days just in case it takes me longer than I had planned. If I hover over the red milestones points, it tells me the date in which I have chosen to complete them by/start the milestones.

Needs:Trees
Female Character
Grass
Lighting
Creepy Clown
A chosen music track
A giggle sound
A video of the camera panning the 3rd level (The hall of mirrors maze)
Use of Maya
Use of Adobe Premiere
Use of Excel





No comments:

Post a Comment